Apartment Maintenance Technician
Newport News, Virginia
Job Type: Full-time
Kotarides Companies is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Maintenance Technician for our rapidly growing company. Kotarides takes pride in managing a portfolio of over 4,500 apartments with exceptional customer service. Kotarides Companies is involved every step of the way, from the planning and building to lifetime property management. The company has been successful enough to retain ownership of all established communities.
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for maintaining the physical condition of the community at all times. This position offers growth potential, paid holidays and vacation time. Benefits include FREE health insurance, dental, life insurance and 401K participation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance as directed by the Property Manager and Senior Maintenance Technician
- Ensures timely completion of resident service requests
- Ensures timely turnover of vacant units under direction of the Property Manager
- Maintains cleanliness of the community
- Maintains accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests, expenditures, apartment make ready status, work-in progress, etc.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing storage and management of hazardous materials
- After-hours on call required on a rotating basis
- Be available to report to work during any inclement weather event for property clean up and emergencies
- Minimum 1-year experience in apartment or similar maintenance
- HVAC Certification - Type II required
- Must have valid Driver's License and reliable transportation