Loss Mitigation Supervisor
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Job Type: Full-time
Kotarides Property Management is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Loss Mitigation Coordinator/Call Center Supervisor for our rapidly growing company. The Loss Mitigation Coordinator will work directly with the KPM accounting department, individual property sites, and other relevant corporate staff to assist Property Management Counsel (PMC) in collecting past due balances for current and prior residents and commercial tenants. Objectives will include maximizing the amount collected and maintaining customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing laws, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Virginia Landlord Tenant Act and all other laws pertaining to property management.
- Track, log, and audit payments received on Collections Department accounts;
- Monitor payment plans and take prompt steps in the event of default.
- Collaborate with the Collection Assistant and Collections Administrator in the performance of their duties. This may also include delegation of tasks and supervision of task performance to those parties;
- Assist PMC with any onsite training of staff on policies and procedures.
- Supervise all collections phone calls and triage as directed by PMC. Triage would include responding to phone calls, assigning the Collections Administrator to respond to some phone calls, opening collections files (physically and in digital file management form), and maintaining prompt review of files.
- Run quarterly reports on delinquent accounts and create files as directed by PMC.
- Draft collection letters as directed by PMC for PMC signature.
- Draft submission packets for our contract collections agency and respond to follow up requests from the same.
- Work with PMC to create a system for dormant accounts review and work with PMC to implement it.
- Work with PMC on data collection and trends analysis to reduce delinquency, increase collection, and highlight charging trends that may need further review by the property management team.
- Perform any tasks assigned by PMC including, but not limited to, arranging payment plans with tenants and monitoring compliance with those payment plans.
- Assist PMC in other high-level follow up tasks including, but not limited to, addressing lack of answer on garnishment and analyzing files for next steps – then performing those next steps or assigning them to the Collections Administrator as necessary.
- As directed by PMC, review and investigate applications to ensure Selection Criteria is met.
- Maintain accurate records and notes relevant to collections issues in the physical file and/or digital file management system.
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with tenants with active collections cases or who make inquiries of the Collections Department both verbally and in writing.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to learn and use new software
- Patient and professional demeanor.
- Decision-making/Policy-making experience.
- 5+ years experience in collections
Skills and Knowledge Preferred
- Working knowledge of the court system.
- Landlord/Tenant experience
The Loss Mitigation Coordinator/Call Center Supervisor position offers growth potential, paid holidays and vacation time. Benefits include free health insurance, dental, life insurance and 401K participation. Kotarides Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.