Job Type: Full-time
Kotarides Companies is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Security Officer. The Security Officer position is responsible for providing safe and secure environment for all customers, tenants and staff at the properties. The position will report to the mall property manager and Security Manager but is expected to independently carry out assigned responsibilities with guidance from the Director of Commercial Properties as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to Chesapeake Square Mall (CSM) for daily briefing and pick up mobile unit.
- Initial site of responsibility: Chesapeake Crossing Shopping Center (Military Highway, Chesapeake)
- Patrol assigned area on foot, checking for fires, vandalism, suspicious activity or persons, safety or fire hazards, and report circumstances to upper management.
- Observe and Report
- Patrol site upon arrival until last business closes (Normally Mon-Sat @ 9 pm and Sun @ 6 pm)
- Depart CCSC and in route to location(s) needing attention, i.e., 201 E. Little Creek Road, Norfolk. Upon arrival, patrol for unauthorized events and/or persons on site. If any events or persons are present, contact local police and remain there until their arrival. The officer is authorized to issue warnings and immediately obtain a legal arrest warrant for on-site individuals who commit offenses in their presence.
- Depart location(s) and double-check the primary site of responsibility and has the same authorization in case an incident is discovered.
- Depart the primary site of responsibility and proceed to CSM and continue mobile patrol until the end of their respective work shift
- Officer responds to dispatch calls.
- Skill in dealing courteously with the public.
- Periodic exterior patrols.
- Check lights, fire alarm systems, and doors for proper functionality.
- Provide visual deterrence by always maintaining high visibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record a must.
- Strong communications and organizations skills.
- Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection procedures.
- CPR certification.
- DCJS certification.
The Full-time Security Officer position offers growth potential, paid holidays and vacation time. Benefits include FREE health insurance, dental, life insurance and 401K participation. Kotarides Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.